When you’re building up your business it’s really helpful to get hands-on support, to develop your skills, and to meet others who are in a similar position to you.
Our friendly and inspirational events give you advice from trusted professionals on a variety of topics, and cover: starting your business; growth; finance; environmental issues; marketing and sales; and websites and social media.
- This event has passed.
High-Performing Leaders & Managers:The Fundamentals – Poole – Dorset Growth Hub
June 11 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm BST| Free - £276.00
The programme is being offered free to eligible businesses in Dorset as part of a grant scheme funded by the European Regional Development Fund. This is provided and managed by Dorset Growth Hub. You will need to be able to attend all 3 sessions of the Programme.
Aspirin Business are delighted to deliver ‘High-Performing Leaders & Managers: The Fundamentals’, a programme specifically developed by Aspirin Business. Download our brochure to find out more.
The course details:
- You will receive a short induction via a one-to-one telephone call with Aspirin Business to understand your training needs
- You will be expected to commit to three group workshops, of 4 hours duration each, a total of 12 hours. Workshop dates: 11th June, 25th June, 9th July
- The course also includes an e-learning programme to accelerate and embed learning. Participants will need to complete some modules before the first workshop.
- Each delegate will design and manage a 30-day work-based project to focus and practice their skills.
- A clear understanding of Leadership and Management
- Skill building – knowing and practising how to be a more effective leader and manager.
- Increased emotional intelligence
- Interactive, enjoyable and confidence building sessions – which also contain enough variety and knowledge so there’s something for everyone.
- Networking skills and relationship building between the attendees.
- Practice at speaking and presenting in front of groups.
Programme Dates: 11th June, 25th June, 9th July 2019, 9am-1pm all dates.
Session 1: Goal Setting and Project Management of 30 Day Projects
- Taking ownership and being proactive
- Time management
- Designing and managing business improvement projects
- SMEAC – a model used by the Royal Airforce to plan missions
Session 2: Personal Effectiveness
- Updates on 30 Day project progress
- Be proactive/ locus of control
- Stress management
- The differences between leadership and management
- Raising the bar – identifying ideal behaviours
- People management, including coaching matrix, delegation, Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
Session 3: Getting the best from your Team
- 5-minute presentations on 30-day project outcomes
- Raising the bar – evaluating our own leadership & management behaviours
- Situational leadership
- Managing difficult conversations
- Managing disengaged and demotivated people
- How to increase employee engagement to increase productivity and staff retention. Including listening skills
- How to increase motivation to help people perform at their best. Including an introduction to emotional intelligence and recognition
Register your interest for a ticket funded by Dorset Growth Hub. Please note only a limited number of funded places are available and eligibility criteria will apply. Once registered for a funded ticket you will be contacted by Dorset Growth Hub to confirm your place.
This workshop is funded by the European Regional Development Fund. It’s delivered by Dorset Growth Hub and WSX Enterprise. It is only open Dorset SME’s with Dorset Postcodes. Please note that attendees must not have already received 12 hours of business support from Dorset Growth Hub and/or delivery partners.
Only one place allowed per business. Please contact the Growth Hub if you wish to reserve a space for another organisation or person.
Please also note that some sectors are not eligible for support on this programme due to Central Government Legislation. These sectors include: *Fishery & Aquaculture, *Primary production, processing and marketing of agricultural products, *Coal, Steel and shipbuilding sectors,*Synthetic Fibres, *Generalised School Age Education, *Banking and Insurance Companies. (*please follow the link for full eligibility guidelines: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/15275/National_Eligiblity_Rules_V2.pdf)
Some Retail activities are also subject to ineligibility. Due to any ineligibility, we can only accept those who are eligible on to our range of courses and workshops. If you require more information or are unsure if you are eligible for the support we offer, you can call us on 01202 607533 and a member of the Dorset Growth hub team will be happy to help