Dorset Growth Hub
Our specialists provide support for all things digital, to businesses in Dorset.
They help smaller businesses stay up to date with the opportunities and issues presented by the internet and the growing number of digital devices, as well as providing a strategy for those looking to grow their digital remit.
Digital Support Offered
- Our regular digital workshops cover a growing range of subjects that Dorset firms want to learn about. These include SEO, social media marketing, and user experience (UX) design.
- Training and support are tailored to the level appropriate for the audience. From entry-level through to increasingly expert and specialist.
- Helping Dorset businesses stay current on digital trends requires continual updating of our knowledge and skills, allowing us to share the latest best practice.
How do we deliver?
The teams growing body of knowledge is being made accessible across Dorset through a programme of events and meetings held at a variety of locations.
- Our business engagement ranges from interactive workshops where businesses learn from specialists and one another, through to detailed one-to-one support sessions.
- Digital expertise is underpinned by us working with a growing network of partner organisations, many of whom have experience with household name brands.
- Audits, surveys and reviews allow our specialists to help you assess your firm’s performance in the world of digital competition.
- We provide online learning environments to help businesses learn virtually.
Dorset Business Growth Partnership
WSX Enterprise, in partnership with several other Dorset-based support organisations (see below), has secured a contract to provide a three-year business support programme, funded by the European Regional Development Fund (beginning 2017).
Through this partnership, Dorset Growth Hub provide support through dedicated strands of activity including:
- Pre-start and start-up support
- Supporting growth
- Improving digital capabilities
- Accessing finance
The programme is led by WSX Enterprise and the Dorset Growth Hub with a range of support partners.
The main consortium partners are as follows:
- WSX Enterprise Ltd (Lead partner)
- Dormen (business mentoring)
- Silicon South
- YTKO, via Outset & GetSet for Growth
The Partnership includes the following Local Authorities: Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council (Accountable Body) and Dorset Council.
The beneficiaries of the project are SMEs in the Dorset LEP geographical area from eligible ERDF sectors. The delivery plan has been developed in close consultation with all partners, links to and supports the Dorset LEP ESIF strategy and also addresses the issues identified by the Dorset business community as part of the Dorset LEP ESIF consultation process.
Where is support offered?
The Dorset Growth Hub team operate across Dorset, delivering workshops and training sessions in a variety of venues, visiting business premises for one-to-one meetings, and facilitating ongoing mentoring programmes.