Dorset Growth Hub
If you are a business based in Dorset, you can benefit from funding and advice through the Dorset Growth Hub. They have a team of experts ranging from financial through to digital and most of what’s in between!
They operate across the county, delivering workshops and training sessions in a variety of venues, visiting business premises for one-to-one meetings, and facilitating ongoing mentoring programmes.
Growth Support Offered
Loans, grants and other finance to help you stimulate business growth. Because every business is different, we offer a flexible approach to providing support and guidance.
Access to working capital is essential to business health and success. We exist to help you manage your finances more effectively, and to direct you towards various forms of finance:
- Grants: Cash is available for projects that make your business more competitive and will boost growth. Our specialists work with you to identify the most appropriate opportunities.
- Loans: Navigating the multitude of business borrowing options can be challenging. Through us, you can tap into a wealth of commercial finance experience to help you make sense of your choices.
- Alternative finance: Continuous innovation is constantly creating new ways of raising cash. We keep up to date with the latest options in order to keep you informed of what’s available.
Click here for the Dorset Growth Hub Business Finance Finder
For support that’s more specific to your circumstances, you can arrange a one-to-one meeting with one of our business finance specialists.
Dorset Business Growth Partnership
WSX Enterprise, in partnership with several other Dorset-based support organisations (see below), has secured a contract to provide a three-year business support programme, funded by the European Regional Development Fund (beginning 2017).
Through this partnership, Dorset Growth Hub provide support through dedicated strands of activity including:
- Pre-start and start-up support
- Supporting growth
- Improving digital capabilities
- Accessing finance
The programme is led by WSX Enterprise and the Dorset Growth Hub with a range of support partners.
The main consortium partners are as follows:
- WSX Enterprise Ltd (Lead partner)
- Dormen (business mentoring)
- Silicon South
- YTKO, via Outset & GetSet for Growth
The Partnership includes the following Local Authorities: The Partnership includes the following Local Authorities: Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council (Accountable Body) and Dorset Council.
The beneficiaries of the project are SMEs in the Dorset LEP geographical area from eligible ERDF sectors. The delivery plan has been developed in close consultation with all partners, links to and supports the Dorset LEP ESIF strategy and also addresses the issues identified by the Dorset business community as part of the Dorset LEP ESIF consultation process.
Where is support offered?
The Dorset Growth Hub team operate across Dorset, delivering workshops and training sessions in a variety of venues, visiting business premises for one-to-one meetings, and facilitating ongoing mentoring programmes.