Dorset Growth Hub
The Business Growth Consultants in the Dorset Growth Hub Enterprise team work hard to ensure every new initiative has the best possible chance of success.
The programme of support includes ‘Business Startup Programme’ two-day workshops for those new in business or thinking of starting a business, tailored and ongoing support.
Startup Support Offered
- ‘Business Startup’ two-day workshops for those thinking of starting a business: These are held every other month. Each workshop provides support to around 25 individuals.
- Business Success Programme two-day workshops for new in business or businesses impacted by Covid. These are held every other month. Each workshop provides support to around 15 businesses.
- Tailored support: Usually delivered through one-to-one meetings with one of our Business Growth Consultants. These allow a more detailed discussion of specific issues.
- Ongoing support: Every individual or business that attends our workshops can benefit from follow-on support.
Dorset Business Growth Partnership
WSX Enterprise, in partnership with several other Dorset-based support organisations (see below), has secured a contract to provide a three-year business support programme, funded by the European Regional Development Fund (beginning 2017).
Through this partnership, Dorset Growth Hub provide support through dedicated strands of activity including:
- Pre-start and start-up support
- Supporting growth
- Improving digital capabilities
- Accessing finance
The programme is led by WSX Enterprise and the Dorset Growth Hub with a range of support partners.
The main consortium partners are as follows:
- WSX Enterprise Ltd (Lead partner)
- Dormen (business mentoring)
- Silicon South
- YTKO, via Outset & GetSet for Growth
The Partnership includes the following Local Authorities: Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council (Accountable Body) and Dorset Council.
The beneficiaries of the project are SMEs in the Dorset LEP geographical area from eligible ERDF sectors. The delivery plan has been developed in close consultation with all partners, links to and supports the Dorset LEP ESIF strategy and also addresses the issues identified by the Dorset business community as part of the Dorset LEP ESIF consultation process.
Where is support offered?
The Dorset Growth Hub team operate across Dorset, delivering workshops predominantly on Zoom and also visiting business premises for one-to-one meetings.