Starting & Succeeding in Business – SELEP
Do you need support with your new business? Do you have a business idea you’d like to get off the ground?
We can help!
Two courses that are designed for those who are looking to or recently started a new business, as well as those made redundant or have become unemployed as a result of COVID-19, alongside 1-2-1 business support, access to free events and videos to help you grow your business we also have grants from £500 to £2,000 available to eligible pre-starts or SMEs.
Funded by South East LEP
What is it?
Two courses that are designed for those who are looking to or recently started a new business, as well as those made redundant or have become unemployed as a result of COVID-19
The courses will cover a variety of subjects including:
- Researching, planning, setting up and marketing your business
- Developing your brand
- Growing your business
Once registered you will have access to a free online only series of business start-up courses, 1-2-1’s and a specialist week-long event, supplemented by a 24/7 Start-up App and a range of wider learning materials.
Located or trading in East Sussex, Essex, Kent, Medway, Southend and/or Thurrock and can include Social Enterprises, Community Interest Companies and charities engaged in economic activity.
Business Start Up Programme (BSUP)
- Basic Business Diagnostic completed via 1-2-1 conversation to determine business support need
- Beneficiaries must have a realistic proposal/ business idea that has the potential to operate during and/or beyond a COVID 19 climate and/or have lost their job as a direct result of COVID 19 (i.e. re-starts)
- Basic business plan (two-pager) to be completed by the start-up and reviewed by a project advisor
- For re-starts, a referral from DWP/JCP is accepted (subject to meeting the above criteria as well)
- Beneficiaries eligible for the BSP may be onboarded to the BSUP if they would benefit from inclusion, subject to discussion with a project advisor
Business Success Programme (BSP)
- Start-ups for the purposes of this programme are SMEs with either sole trader status or be registered with Companies House that has been trading for up to three years; support recipients must be the sole trader, or the owner or an agreed representative from the registered business
- Beneficiaries must have the potential to operate during and/or beyond a COVID 19 climate and/or have lost their primary employment as a direct result of COVID 19
- Businesses who have attended the BSUP course are eligible to attend the BSP course once they are officially registered as a business
Grants, 1-2-1 Support, Digital Tools + more...
WSX Digital brings to you a suite of resources, services, tools and
support to help you to start, run and grow your business in a digital age.
Where is support offered?
The Adapting to Digital team operates online across South East LEP region, delivering all workshops, training sessions, 1-2-1’s, and more.
Essex, Southend, Thurrock, Medway, Kent & East Sussex.