Our calendar contains information on all WSX Enterprise events from our various support programmes, across the South.
If you are a Partner that would like to display your events, please email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- This event has passed.
Business Start-up Programme – Webinar (South East LEP Region)
September 7 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm BSTFree
About this Event
(PLEASE NOTE: This funded free course is only available to businesses in the South East LEP Region – Postcodes that are linked to Essex, Southend, Medway, Thurrock, Kent & East Sussex)
Then register for a FREE place on the next Business Start-up Programme. The two days are hosted on Zoom by our friendly Business Growth Consultants and are jam packed full of useful, actionable content to get your business idea moving forward.
Can I attend?
• I am thinking of starting a business and I have a genuine business idea
• I have not yet started trading and have not registered my business yet
If you do not meet the above criteria and register for a place, you will be contacted by a member of the team to discuss your suitability for the course.
Why should I attend?
When you’re starting in business it’s important that you get the basics right. This comprehensive, fully funded workshop will provide information and guidance to help deal with the key issues that are going to be fundamental to setting up and succeeding in business. They are delivered by experienced start-up Business Growth Consultants – real business people who will give you the opportunity to ask questions and invite discussion. The workshops are provided for people planning on starting a business and those who have no previous experience of running a business.
The workshop will be delivered in three key online sessions of up to 2 hours with downloadable and printable course resources and online resources for completion the day after the course plus a one-to-one session with a Business Support Advisor to wrap everything up. Our Business Growth Consultants will be available throughout the days to deal with questions and queries.
Day 1 – Tuesday 7th September
09.30 – 11.00 Part 1 – Researching Your Business
11.30 – 13.30 Part 2 – Planning and Setting Up Your Business
14.30 – 16.00 Part 3 – Marketing Your Business
Post-course – Part 4 – Business Finance and Supported Individual Development
What will I learn?
Part 1 – Researching Your Business
• How to take a step back, before spending any money or time, and really focus on the viability of your business idea
• Identifying your potential customers, researching your market and analysing your competition
Part 2 – Planning and setting up your Business
• Understand the necessity of writing a business plan and what to include
• Evaluate the business strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
• Looking at how much money you will realistically need to start your business
• Examine various sources of funding and finance for your business
• Suppliers, pricing and insurance
• Legal status
• Develop an understanding of business finance
Part 3 – Marketing Your Business
• Building your brand
• Website basics
• Social media basics
• Launch planning
Part 4 – Business Finance and Supported Individual Development
• Business Finance• Completion of course booklet• Access to 121 support
How to Access this Webinar:
You will receive a Zoom link 2 hours prior to start time.
By signing up to this course you are agreeing that your data will be used for the purpose of delivering the programme and will therefore be shared by the programme provider (WSX Enterprise) to the programme funder (SELEP) to enable us to provide the support.
This course is funded through the South East LEP, of which we (WSX Enterprise) are a delivery partner.