Our calendar contains information on all WSX Enterprise events from our various support programmes, across Hampshire & Dorset.
If you are a Partner that would like to display your events, please email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- This event has passed.
Dorset Spark 2.0 – Solving Dorset Growth Challenges
December 4 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm GMTFree
DORSET SPARK 2.0 | Solving Dorset’s Growth Challenges
4th December 2019 | Executive Business Centre Bournemouth University
Following the success of the inaugural event back in May, Dorset Growth Hub and Dorset LEP together with Bournemouth University are delighted to invite you to Dorset Spark 2.0, which aims to solve some of Dorset’s growth challenges. This event will bring together businesses, students and academics to form multi-generation, multi-sector teams to bring a rounded perspective to find practical, innovative solutions to enhance economic growth.
- An opportunity to spark new ideas and actions that will help Dorset businesses collectively solve industry challenges
- Business leaders will have the opportunity to work alongside counterparts from other sectors as well as with students from multi-disciplinary backgrounds
- Students will have the opportunity to work & network with industry players on live challenges
- Cross-pollination and diversity of ideas from people from a range of backgrounds
The day will have an overarching theme of employability and the 3 challenges will be based around:
- Retaining and attracting talent across Dorset
- Adapting to new technology; automation, digitisation and AI in the workplace
- Improving prosperity for all with a more inclusive approach
The day will start with insiring speakers who will cover some of the key themes of the day. You will then be split into teams to devise a plan and presentation to solve the challenge set. After lunch, two teams will take on the same challenge, going head to head to present their approach and solution to a panel of judges. The judges will select the winning team from each challenge.
Businesses book your spot now. Spaces are limited.
We look forward to seeing you at the event!
Please make sure that you are able to attend the event before you book. If you book a place and are not able to attend we reserve the right to exclude you from further bookings where places are in short supply.